Mum

Mum

Saturday 3 March 2012

honey I wish I wasn't home

well I didn't know I could cry so hard and my first night here. After a long day having to get up at 7 to pack some last minute things I moved into here.
Josie had  been here since 9 for me setting up my furniture and making my bed all nice and cosy and so on putting my (way too m any ) clothes in the closet.
I had my first lunch here, sitting with a few 90 year olds. Canned veggies and  white pasta . The women were nice but still not what I thought I'd be lunching at the age of 61 and yes I am the youngest mostly women in their 80's and nineties. Some of them even if I smile at them they ignore me and others very sweet .
I unpacked a few boxes went in to dinner(canned veggies and white rice) one of the workers was yelling at the 90 year old woman at my table .That did not sit well with me I asked her if this was how she normally operated and she said yes. Seeing as I had only been here a  few hours I was tentative to say anything but next time I hear her yell at anyone I'll give her hell.
I went to my  room and realized there was no Bonnie to curl up with I started crying and called jenny and Josie they both called the nurse to come and check on me . Gee even the  nurse can't help my sad heart.
I had to get up early yesterday morning for the man who was setting up the cable for my computer and tv . He was such a help and was moving some furniture around for me to make it easier. He also unwound my bag of massively knotted wires. I meant to but didn't have time he was so patient with it but understood how that really helped me as his dad has Parkinson's . I am trying to set him up with Josie so got his phone number - he seems like he has a very kind heart.  He's going to help me set up my dvd and vcr when I  bring them over  so will make sure Josie's here :)
I am very very tired from this move still have a lot of unpacking to do  . I was starting to have another meltdown last night and my friend Linda came over and talked with me gave me advice.
She's a gem.
Talking to Jenny right now -- she is dealing with a lot also   - I have great faith in her wisdom  on her path in life.
Feeling  lousy today but still want to go see Bonnie I"ll take a bus boy do I miss driving .
When I arrived yesterday the first thing she did was jump on my walker and I pushed her up and down the hallway.
Then I curled up on the bed my cat at my feet she gave a great sigh and fell asleep.

Just had lunch with 2 of the only fellows I've seen here - and a woman who had a stroke and at least had a few laughs - turned our place mats into paper airplanes and  threw them at each other.
Yep good thing I actually had a good life .
I  asked the fellows could I sit with them for dinner they aren't as serious as the other women I sat with and I need all the laughs I can get .
Having pain today too but have to walk to the bus to go see Bonnie
well that;s all for now

Kath

3 comments:

  1. good to hear that you have found some people you can laugh with. Doesn't matter if you eat with men or women...just as long as they are interesting and fun ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see Bonnie. We"ll get out to see you again once I've finished winding your wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hear it for the cable guy!

    ReplyDelete