Mum

Mum

Thursday 20 December 2012

haven't blogged for awhile

I think things are taking longer than in my old world . I swear it's true was taking to Lynn tonight about something this winter she said that's 2 months away I said  'not when you have HD.'

ok I 'm  really trying to once again be positive but things happen today a woman in the drug store was sighing impatiently looking at her list and not able to find the item in that aisle  I felt like saying to her
'you know what hard is ? Pushing a walker not allowed to drive being fitted for a wheelchair in 2 weeks,  living with a bunch of old farts at asst living , not being able to cook and so on.

Anyhow Jenny can't come for Christmas but I know she'll be here next year for sure..my little minou ..that girl and I can power shop like you wouldn't believe..

Christmas eve bringing my guitar to Josie;s new house - sing with the kids and Josie is making the big meal then for us. The next  day going over early when the kids open their gifts ..
We're making new memories for the kids and this first Christmas without their granddad I want to fill the empty pockets in their hearts with love , music and new memories .

Went  to the HD clinic with Josie  2 weeks ago - 3 hours of  questions and tests. I 've lost 7 pounds  they wanted to know why I said because the  food at asst living is terrible..:) They didn't laugh.
The good news is that they think they'll have gene cell therapy 5 years down the road.. I have to stay healthy but still no cures yet..

Went to watch the kids in a Christmas concert at their school yesterday  so sweet their little faces and voices love this time of year the magic - the music the kids excitement. had lots of unexpected treats and  visitors ..Thanks Linda (candy) and Lynnie(haven;t opened it yet)  and liz...(haven't opened it yet)..

The thing I find hard is the pain -  all night I dream I'm in pain then I tell myself to wake up - I  won't be in pain but when I wake up I am - hard to deal with.

That's it for now as always am very grateful for my family and friends and even strangers who smile and say hello. I am thankful I may not be able to cook anymore but  I  can still enjoy food , the amazing clouds we see out West here, that I have 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren more precious than anything.. I love them so very much.  I get to see Bonnie everyday  but still plan on getting an apt with her.
I am so thankful I can move my arms and read a book and pat Bonnie and hug my grandkids(not in public they tell me ) we all love each other I am blessed
Kath





No comments:

Post a Comment