Mum

Mum

Saturday 29 October 2011

after the clinic

at the clinic they tested my brain and my  walking over and over  I finally said 'my brain is too tired I need a rest'
I had to learn to accept this that I have it and that they didn't make a mistake and that I really can't drive.
I said ok fine I'll put a big "h" on my forehead as I was too embarrassed before when my walking  was off or when I'll fall into the car. Now I proudly say 'I have Huntington's '.....

Josie was a big help she talked to them about things I didn't understand and  when I needed it held my hand..
First the social worker, neurologist, geneticist then psychiatrist ....honestly the last one was the hardest .
There is no cure I may go loopy or not ....
I guess I need to even more than I did before be in the now...I'm on the waiting list for assisted living not exactly where I thought I'd be at 60 ...tho I hope that I don't need it and they say 'well you are a miracle you just stay in that condo.'
that's what I hope

3 comments:

  1. forgot the best part I still get to eat ice cream and my sense of humour will be needed...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep applying that eyeliner and live every moment. I'm thinking about you a lot.

    ReplyDelete