Mum

Mum

Thursday 3 November 2011

walkers and lipstick

Still not sure I want  this HD - had to walk up to the ins co where I get my car ins with my plates.
Sad day for sure it's hard too to take plates off with HD..:)

My car looks odd without the plates and then I had to empty the car. I've had this car since Kerri was a baby and I'd drive over from Nanaimo to see her and Keegan.I have 7 years worth of cds, cds that have fallen apart ,  inserts that have fallen out, blankets, shoes, one glove. batteries Josie asked me to take to the recycling place, 2 old lamps been meaning to get new shades for them, extension cords, 2 bags of rocks  to paint on, hats, pens, dead candies, old blood tests I never went for, maps, grocery lists, too many of those,  straws, a lighter from my smoking days, 2 chairs, my yoga mat I think that;s it.

Josie and someone else came this morning to fit me for  a walker so now I have one on order called 'xpresso---cappuchino colour.'
They left one here for me to use til the other one arrives well geez I 'd rather have my car back.
The thing I hate the most is not being able to relax at night when I sit on the sofa and watch tv and knit my legs and body jerk around and it  drives me crazy.
That's all for now
Kath

3 comments:

  1. Kath--Nice post. Funny, isn't it, how attached we get to our cars. As a California girl, I probably get more attached than most people. I remember crying when the lease company came to get my old red Mazda RX7. My 67 green Toyota Celica was a great little car, too. I sold that one to a man who was giving it to his daughter as a high school graduation present. When they came to pick it up, she was so excited. She climbed in the driver's seat and the first thing she did was hang her graduation tassel on the rear view mirror. Sweet. Thinking of you every day. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Judi - as long as my brain is rambling I will...
    with these new challenges and thoughts I will...
    with lipstick and a smile to match the walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Kathy, You are and always have been a beautiful spirit with a smile and laugh that can light up a room. I wish you didn't have this cross to bear and pray for the cure that's just around the corner. Sending you much love with a big hug. June "

    this is from June my old friend from Mtl all this love is encouraging....

    ReplyDelete