Mum

Mum

Tuesday 6 December 2011

candy canes, crappy days and magic

Ok I was feeling sorry for myself today - had muscle and joint pain and the normal HD stuff like not being allowed to drive .....
My cousin called I said ok I'm  having a rough day she said well everyone has days like that (really?!)
I said but I have 3 things today going on with my health and I have to go do some errands in 2 degree weather and not being able to drive........

So I dropped off cat food Bonnie the brat cat can't eat to Bosleys for them to give to the needy animals.
Then I picked up a parcel ---thank you Maureen----
Then I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and while I was in there somehow with this HD things go flying out of my hands like the little basket-not even sure how I do things like that.
I walked down the aisles somehow with the walker the little yellow basket from Thriftys on the seat of the walker.
After I emptied the groceries onto the counter I went to put the  basket down but it went flying out of my hand and landed on the man  in line behind me. I said 'sorry' but I don't think he heard.
Oh well maybe there should be special HD shopping hours where it's acceptable to knock things over and drop things.
Last week I saw the  as the  woman at the assisted living place put it 'I'd be lucky(!) to get assisted living room. It was like a cell - but maybe worse than a cell just a narrow cot, counter, microwave, bathroom that's it no room for anything else.

Anyhow today as I was walking back from the store feeling very sorry for myself a  bus slowed down beside me . I was cold, wet , achy, tired I was thinking strange the bus is slowing down there;s no stop for half a block. I turned to look at it and there were lights flashing all over it - instead of 601 it said 'merry Christmas' the bus driver was dressed like a reindeer and as the door opened Mr and Mrs Santa reached out to  me and passed me a candy and said 'Merry Christmas'..
I just about cried - I was touched(well even more touched than I was before ) ok now I do believe in Santa and hope and magic.
As always my journey is made so much easier surrounded with love and support of my friends and family
Kath

4 comments:

  1. Life shouldn't be so hard. You are quite amazing, finding joy in all those little events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy that is such a nice event to have happen. It's amazing how one kind thing, such as being given a candy cane, can change your whole day and your whole outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath...I remember when we first started exchanging emails you told me about your best friend Jan who had cystic fibrosis. I loved what she said about the fact that she didn't have her health but she had everything. It seems to me your outlook is similar and it's a gift to yourself and all who know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very lucky to have Jan as a friend she helped me to see life in a different way.

    ReplyDelete